Victoria Theatre Association accepts internship applications for the following departments:
- Marketing/Public Relations (2-3 positions depending on semester/term)
- Graphic Design (1-2 positions)
- Development/Fundraising (2 positions)
- Education & Engagement (2 positions)
- Group Sales (1 position)
Positions begin in early September for Fall Semester Internships, mid-January for Spring Semester Internships, and mid-May for Summer Internships. Year-long internships are available for the right candidates!
The interns will be responsible for a variety of tasks and will work closely with professional staff in marketing, communications, graphics, development, group sales, and education/outreach.
Excellent communication skills (written and verbal–writing examples are required), great organization and time management skills, good interpersonal skills, a desire to learn, and an ability to work independently and with others. There may be additional requirements specific to each area/department. For example, graphics internship applicants must be proficient in the Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign) and have a working knowledge of layout and design. Web design experience a plus.
These unpaid internships offer the opportunity to make networking connections, gain hands-on experience, and build a portfolio of work samples. A background in theatre/performing arts is not mandatory, but an appreciation for the performing arts is necessary to develop an understanding of and commitment to the position.
Intern tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with marketing and audience research projects;
- Various graphic design and layout tasks as assigned;
- Various copy writing, press release and other writing tasks;
- Maintaining press clippings files;
- Development and implementation of promotion/publicity strategies;
- Staffing special events of various kinds;
- Database development and input;
- Poster and flier distribution;
- Filing and photocopying;
- Professionally representing the organization to outside businesses through phone calls and courier duties;
- Supporting the group sales operation with various administrative tasks;
- Supporting education/outreach efforts with various administrative and greeting/coordinating tasks; and
- Compiling and coordinating reports and other projects with Development.
Each position requires a minimum of 15 hours a week. Schedules are flexible, but a specific weekly schedule must be set. Some evening or weekend hours may be requested.
All internships are unpaid. We do provide free parking, mileage reimbursement for work-related travel, 25 percent discount at our restaurant, Citilites, and show tickets as available.
Please email a cover letter detailing your experience and interest in the internship, a resume and 2-3 writing samples to email@example.com.
Victoria Theatre Association celebrates diversity! We are an EE/M/D/V employer.