2012 SCHUSTER CENTER 10th ANNIVERSARY PHOTO CONTEST RULES & GUIDELINES
Amateur and professional photographers are invited to participate in the Schuster Center 10th Anniversary Photo Contest, created to celebrate the Benjamin & Marian Schuster Performing Arts Center.
To enter the contest, photographers must adhere to the rules and guidelines outlined below. Judges will select ten finalists and select a grand prize winner. The grand prize winner will receive a $300 cash prize with the winning photo featured on the cover of a commemorative publication and poster. All ten finalist photos will be kept for display during the Schuster Center 10th Anniversary Celebration year (March 2013- February 2014).
How to Enter:
- There is no fee for application or participation.
- Each individual photograph must be accompanied by an official Schuster 10th Anniversary Photo Contest entry form.
- Each submitted photo must be mounted (between 8×10 – 18×24) with a completed entry form on the back.
- Entries may be mailed to:
Schuster Center 10th Anniversary Photo Contest
Victoria Theatre Association
138 North Main Street
Dayton, Ohio 45402
- Entries may also be dropped off in person at the Victoria Theatre Association office on the third floor of the Victoria Theatre, 138 North Main Street, Dayton, Ohio 45402 between the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. weekdays.
- Photographers must also submit a CD with a fully completed entry form for each submission that also includes:
- A high-resolution digital file (at least 300 dpi) of each entry; and
- A low-resolution digital file (that is email-able) of each entry.
- Submitted prints can be picked up at the Victoria Theatre Association offices between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. starting Monday, January 14, 2013. Any prints not picked up by Monday, January 28, at 4 p.m. will become the property of Victoria Theatre Association and may be used for display.
- Upon arrival, each entry will be assigned a random number. Judging for this photo contest will be blind.
- Download Schuster 10th Anniversary Photo Contest entry form here.
- Photos must be submitted by Monday, December 10, 2012 at 4 p.m.
- Exterior and interior (with the exception of the Mead and Mathile Theatres) photos of the Schuster Center are eligible, including photos taken since the building opened (March 2003).
- Contest winners must be age 18 and older.
- Photographers are not required to be Dayton-area residents.
- Both amateur and professional photographers are encouraged to participate. For this contest, a professional photographer is defined as anyone who earns more than 50 percent of his or her income from photographic sales, is a member of professional photo organizations such as the National Press Photographers Association, or publishes photographs in books, magazines, newspapers or online.
- Employees of Victoria Theatre Association may submit photos for possible display, but are not eligible to win the grand prize.
- The maximum size for submitted prints is 18×24 inches, including the matte. The photo minimum size is 8×10 inches.
- Prints should be mounted, matted or otherwise suitable for display on easels or wall surfaces. Frames are not acceptable.
- Exterior photos of the Schuster Center can happen at any time.
- To photograph the interior of the Schuster Center, photographers MUST schedule an appointment. Appointments will be scheduled in one hour increments on the following days: November 5-9 and 12-16, 2012 between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. To schedule an appointment, please call Mechele Pritchard at (937) 461-8570. Anyone taking interior photos without an appointment will be asked to leave the building.
- Contest sponsors and their appointed judges will choose ten finalists based on:
- Aesthetic and artistic appeal;
- Reproduction quality; and
- Representation of the building.
- One grand prize winner will be selected from the ten finalists.
- The panel of judges will consist of professional photographers, photography editors or instructors and representatives of Victoria Theatre Association.
- Judging will take place on or around December 19, 2012 – January 10, 2013.
- Judges will select ten finalists from which they will select a grand prize winner.
- A $300 cash prize will be awarded to the grand prize winner.
- Honorable mentions will be awarded at the discretion of the judges.
- Winners will be notified by phone or email prior to the January 10, 2013.
- Finalists selected will be recognized at the 10th Anniversary kick-off event at the beginning of March 2013.
- Winners are solely responsible for reporting and paying any taxes on prizes.
- Select entries will be displayed during the Schuster Center 10th Anniversary Celebration year (March 2013-February 2014).
- Victoria Theatre Association reserves the right to display or publish all entered photos, in perpetuity and without compensation. Photographers retain photo copyrights. Victoria Theatre Association will not distribute entered photos to any other parties for their use.
- Photo credits will be issued when appropriate.
- Except where prohibited, by entering the contest each entrant consents to the use by Victoria Theatre Association of his or her name, biographical information and/or likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation.
- Contest sponsors reserve the right to reject or decline display of any submitted photo. Content and subject matter of photos must be deemed suitable for public display.
- Contest sponsors are not responsible for lost or damaged photos. Photos will be hung for display and may incur scratches, pin-holes, bent corners, etc. as a result of the hanging process and/or being on display for the public.
Questions? Contact Victoria Theatre Association at (937) 228-7591 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.